An instant go to for a winter stroll downtown, the YAK Rib Hat is knit in 1×1 rib for a snug fit. The extra length allows the hat to be worn up a little higher or down snug with an extra roll giving this hat the flexibility to suit your preference. The unique decrease detail on top is the finishing touch that make this hat a staple. Hand knit in luxuriously soft, undyed yak wool sourced from a social business in Tibet. Unisex.
Hand knitted in 9 hours by women directly employed by Dinadi in Kathmandu, Nepal. Dinadi controls the production process from start to finish maximising transparency and social impact.
• Yarn / 100% yak wool (undyed)
• Yarn origin / sourced from a social enterprise on the Tibetan Plateau
• Production / hand knit in 5.5 hrs by Dinadi employees in Nepal
• Fit / unisex, one size
• Weight / 60 grams
• Packaging / biodegradable handmade lokta paper box
How to care for Dinadi piece - https://www.dinadi.com/product-care/
• Our yak products are made from 100% yak down. Yak down is a rare and luxurious fiber that is similar in softness and feel to cashmere. It is superior in warmth to many sheep wool fibers while similar in durability. Yak down is combed once a year from the yak’s winter coat and praised to be one of the most sustainable fibers available.
• We partner with a social enterprise on the Tibetan Plateau that works closely with local yak herders to gather the fibers. In partnering with them we can ensure high traceability throughout our supply and production chain. Our yak is natural and undyed and comes in two colors, Oat Brown and Dark Brown.
• Based in Nepal, we control the production process from start to finish, maximizing transparency and social impact. We take slow fashion quite literally. Most Dinadi designs are knit by hand in the homes of our employees. This enables a flexible work environment for each knitter
• We are convinced that social entrepreneurship is the way to bring lasting change to developing communities and into the life of the individual employee.