An instant go to for a winter stroll downtown, the MERINO Rib Hat is knit in 1×1 rib for a snug fit. The extra length allows the hat to be worn up a little higher or down snug with an extra roll giving this hat the flexibility to suit your preference. The unique decrease detail on top is the finishing touch that make this hat a staple. Knit in 5-ply extra fine mulesing merino wool from South Africa. Unisex.
Hand knitted in 9.5 hours by women directly employed by Dinadi in Kathmandu, Nepal. Dinadi controls the production process from start to finish maximising transparency and social impact.
• Yarn / 100% fine merino wool (mulesing free)
• Yarn origin / responsibly sourced from South Africa
• Production / hand knit in 9.5 hrs by Dinadi employees in Nepal
• Fit / unisex, one size
• Weight / 65 grams
• Packaging / biodegradable handmade lokta paper box
How to care for your Dinadi piece - https://www.dinadi.com/product-care/
• Unlike acrylics, Merino wool is breathable, non-clammy and has an amazing ability to resist odor and is practically self-cleansing while still being light-weight and non-itchy. As wool is a natural fiber it will stretch and conform to your size. That’s how we can make unisex pieces in one size; with wear, each piece will be sized to your individual fit.
• Thermal regulating, the merino fleece is naturally insulating and allows the merino sheep to adapt to the changing weather conditions all year around – from extreme lows in winter to high temperatures in summer. The technical fiber is able to release and obtain heat depending on the environment and regulate the temperature.
• Based in Nepal, we control the production process from start to finish, maximizing transparency and social impact. We take slow fashion quite literally.
Most Dinadi designs are knit by hand in the homes of our employees. This enables a flexible work environment for each knitter.
• We are convinced that social entrepreneurship is the way to bring lasting change to developing communities and into the life of the individual employee.