The MERINO Edge Rib Scarf is a true winter essential. Knit in extra fine, mulesing free merino wool from South Africa, this scarf has a plain flat knit with ribbed ends. The large dimensions allow you to wrap it around multiple times and snuggle up in this no-itch scarf. 200 x 70 cm. Unisex.
Machine knitted in 1 hour by a local partner in Kathmandu, Nepal. Dinadi conducts monthly site visits in order to ensure that Dinadi’s ethical and environmental standards are upheld.
• Yarn / 100% fine merino wool (mulesing free) • Yarn origin / responsibly sourced from South Africa • Production / machine knitted in 1 hour by Dinadi employees in Nepal • Fit / unisex, one size • Weight / 275 grams • Packaging / biodegradable handmade lokta paper box
• Unlike acrylics, Merino wool is breathable, non-clammy and has an amazing ability to resist odor and is practically self-cleansing while still being light-weight and non-itchy. As wool is a natural fiber it will stretch and conform to your size. That’s how we can make unisex pieces in one size; with wear, each piece will be sized to your individual fit.
• Thermal regulating, the merino fleece is naturally insulating and allows the merino sheep to adapt to the changing weather conditions all year around – from extreme lows in winter to high temperatures in summer. The technical fiber is able to release and obtain heat depending on the environment and regulate the temperature.
• Based in Nepal, we control the production process from start to finish, maximizing transparency and social impact. We take slow fashion quite literally.
Most Dinadi designs are knit by hand in the homes of our employees. This enables a flexible work environment for each knitter.
• We are convinced that social entrepreneurship is the way to bring lasting change to developing communities and into the life of the individual employee.