The YAK Scarf is an oversized classic scarf made out of our luxuriously soft, undyed yak wool sourced from a social business in Tibet. Knit exclusively in yak wool with a plain flat knit this scarf’s generous dimensions make it the perfect scarf to bundle up in when the weather gets cold. 200 x 60 cm. Unisex.
Machine knitted in 1 hour by a local partner in Kathmandu, Nepal. Dinadi conducts monthly site visits in order to ensure that Dinadi’s ethical and environmental standards are upheld.
• Yarn / 100% yak wool (undyed)
• Yarn origin / sourced from a social enterprise on the Tibetan Plateau
• Production /machine knit in 1 hr by Dinadi employees in Nepal
• Fit / unisex, one size
• Weight / 60 grams
• Packaging / biodegradable handmade lokta paper box
• Our yak products are made from 100% yak down. Yak down is a rare and luxurious fiber that is similar in softness and feel to cashmere. It is superior in warmth to many sheep wool fibers while similar in durability. Yak down is combed once a year from the yak’s winter coat and praised to be one of the most sustainable fibers available.
• We partner with a social enterprise on the Tibetan Plateau that works closely with local yak herders to gather the fibers. In partnering with them we can ensure high traceability throughout our supply and production chain. Our yak is natural and undyed and comes in two colors, Oat Brown and Dark Brown.
• Based in Nepal, we control the production process from start to finish, maximizing transparency and social impact. We take slow fashion quite literally. Most Dinadi designs are knit by hand in the homes of our employees. This enables a flexible work environment for each knitter
• We are convinced that social entrepreneurship is the way to bring lasting change to developing communities and into the life of the individual employee.
•One of the great qualities of wool is that it repels dirt and requires fewer washes which is easy and great for the environment. Air out your product instead when needed.
•To Handwash add wool detergent to cold water and let your product soak for about 10 minutes without working it. Rinse with clean, cold water and press the water out of the product without twisting or pulling. Lay out flat for drying.
•Woolen products will naturally pill with use. Cut away by hand or use a de-pilling machine. Compress the fibers after de-pilling by ironing on low. Pilling is not a sign that your product is worn out.
•Each Dinadi tag has a strand of yarn with every product that can be used if a product were to snag or tear.