The YAK Vest is a cozy vest that will quickly become a go to when the weather gets cool. Made in our soft and luxurious undyed yak wool sourced from a social business in Tibet, it has a mock neck and looser fit, which allows for a shirt or sweater to be worn under. Plain knit with 1×1 rib edging.
Machine knitted in 1.5 hours by a local partner in Kathmandu, Nepal. Dinadi conducts monthly site visits in order to ensure that Dinadi’s ethical and environmental standards are upheld.
• Yarn / 100% fine yak wool (undyed)
• Yarn origin / responsibly sourced from South Africa
• Production / machine knit in 1.5 hours by a local partner in Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Weight / 180 grams
• Packaging / biodegradable handmade lokta paper box
• Hand wash cold with wool detergent
Size Guide & Measurements
36.5" M 36"
29" 39" L 39"
32" 42" XL 43" 36" 45"
• Our yak products are made from 100% yak down. Yak down is a rare and luxurious fiber that is similar in softness and feel to cashmere. It is superior in warmth to many sheep wool fibers while similar in durability. Yak down is combed once a year from the yak’s winter coat and praised to be one of the most sustainable fibers available.
• We partner with a social enterprise on the Tibetan Plateau that works closely with local yak herders to gather the fibers. In partnering with them we can ensure high traceability throughout our supply and production chain. Our yak is natural and undyed and comes in two colors, Oat Brown and Dark Brown.
• Based in Nepal, we control the production process from start to finish, maximizing transparency and social impact. We take slow fashion quite literally. Most Dinadi designs are knit by hand in the homes of our employees. This enables a flexible work environment for each knitter
• We are convinced that social entrepreneurship is the way to bring lasting change to developing communities and into the life of the individual employee.
- Variant: L/XL
- Brand: Dinadi