The MERINO Handknit Zero Waste Mittens are made with 40% left over yarn scraps from previous collections. Finding creative ways to use left over yarn ensures that no yarn goes to waste. The little strands are knitted together with new yarn to give strength, but the yarn strands are so short that it’s not possible to hide every yarn end, giving this piece a unique look that highlight it’s “zero waste” identity. Hand knit in the finest 10-ply 100% mulesing free merino wool from South Africa. 2×2 ribbed cuff and knitted body. Unisex.
Hand knitted in 7 hrs by women directly employed by Dinadi in Kathmandu, Nepal. Dinadi controls the production process from start to finish maximising transparency and social impact.
• Yarn / 100% fine merino wool (mulesing free)
• Yarn origin / responsibly sourced from South Africa
• Production /
hand knit in 7 hrs by Dinadi employees in Nepal
• Fit / unisex, one size
• Weight /
• Packaging / biodegradable handmade lokta paper box
• Unlike acrylics, Merino wool is breathable, non-clammy and has an amazing ability to resist odor and is practically self-cleansing while still being light-weight and non-itchy. As wool is a natural fiber it will stretch and conform to your size. That’s how we can make unisex pieces in one size; with wear, each piece will be sized to your individual fit.
• Thermal regulating, the merino fleece is naturally insulating and allows the merino sheep to adapt to the changing weather conditions all year around – from extreme lows in winter to high temperatures in summer. The technical fiber is able to release and obtain heat depending on the environment and regulate the temperature.
• Based in Nepal, we control the production process from start to finish, maximizing transparency and social impact. We take slow fashion quite literally.
Most Dinadi designs are knit by hand in the homes of our employees. This enables a flexible work environment for each knitter.
•One of the great qualities of wool is that it repels dirt and requires fewer washes which is easy and great for the environment. Air out your product instead when needed.
•To Handwash add wool detergent to cold water and let your product soak for about 10 minutes without working it. Rinse with clean, cold water and press the water out of the product without twisting or pulling. Lay out flat for drying.
•Woolen products will naturally pill with use. Cut away by hand or use a de-pilling machine. Compress the fibers after de-pilling by ironing on low. Pilling is not a sign that your product is worn out.
•Each Dinadi tag has a strand of yarn with every product that can be used if a product were to snag or tear.